Allergic to Iodine Medical Alert Bracelets, Medical Alert Dog Tags, Medical Alert Pendants
Medical ID Bracelets, Medical ID Tags, Medical ID Necklaces – Custom or Pre-engraved – Iodine Medical Alert Bracelets!
The American College of Emergency Physicians advises people to “carry an emergency medical ID card or wear medical ID jewelry if they have a health condition, allergy, implanted device or if they are taking medications that might be life-threatening.” If you or a loved one has an allergy to Iodine, Shop Now for your Allergic to Iodine Medical Alert Bracelets, Dog Tags or Necklaces.
Iodine is not usually considered to be an allergen, but some people are hypersensitive to it, and they may be considered to have an iodine allergy.
Iodine is a common element found in the human body. Reactions to iodine are extremely rare, but can be fatal when they do happen. Medical uses of iodine are on the rise, especially in radiocontrast agents used to improve X-rays. Reactions have been more common in recent years. Iodine has even been responsible for deaths in a number of cases.
Exposure to iodine may cause some of the following in hypersensitive people:
- rash (contact dermatitis)
- hives (when ingested)
- anaphylaxis, or a severe life-threatening allergic reaction (very rarely)
Anaphylaxis is a life-threatening condition that requires emergency medical attention.
Certain solutions and foods can cause an allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to iodine:
- Tincture of iodine, also known as weak iodine solution, is commonly used as a disinfectant in medical settings. It may cause rashes in hypersensitive people.
- Iodine contrast can also cause an allergic reaction. It’s an X-ray radiocontrast agent used for intravenous injections. Contrast dyes containing iodine have been responsible for severe allergy reactions (including deaths) in a limited number of hypersensitive people. If an individual is known to have iodine allergy — he or she must NOT be given iodine contrast.
- Foods that contain iodine can also cause an allergic reaction. Fish, dairy, and soy are sources of iodine.
We recommend that your engraving information include:
- Name and date of birth
- Address (Street, City, State)
- Allergies (Iodine, Contrast Materials)
- NO RADIOCONTRAST MATERIALS
- Expected Allergic Reaction (mild, moderate, severe)
- Specific medical condition(s)
- Specific name of the medication(s) you are taking that affect life-saving treatments
When room allows we recommend adding:
- I.C.E. name and phone number (Emergency contact)
- Doctor name and phone number
Universal Medical Data, LLC offers both custom engraved Medical ID Bracelets, Medical ID Dog Tags and Pendants as well as pre-engraved products of the most common medical allergies including Allergic to Iodine
Universal Medical Data, LLC offers CUSTOM ENGRAVED Medical ID Bracelets, Medical ID Dog Tags and Pendants for you to personalize using the suggestions above.Shop Custom Engraved
Universal Medical Data, LLC offers PRE-ENGRAVED cost saving products for the most common medical allergies including Allergic to Iodine.Shop Pre-engraved Allergic to Iodine